This week the University of Aberdeen held its Applicant Days for the incoming first years in August (or prospective first years at least). This got me thinking, just about a year ago now, it was my first time seeing Aberdeen University, and how much things have changed since then. So the theme for my Five on Friday link up (check out how to join here) this week is what has changed since this time last year for me.
- My City. Now, I have not always lived in Aberdeen, this time last year I still lived with my parents in Glasgow, and did not have any idea where I was going to end up next year. This has been the biggest change for me, because I had to move out, and live three hours away from my family, which was difficult. But I have completely settled in now, and love living in Aberdeen. I know what I am doing at uni, and have loved living away from home so much that I have applied to study in the states next year!
- My School. This is a bit of an obvious change, but last year, there was a change that I wouldn't even be accepted into Uni, let alone start planning to move away! But alls well that ends well, high school was fun, but now real life begins (or as much of real life that a student can experience).
- My Room. When I say my room, I don't just mean my room that I live in when I'm in Aberdeen, although that has changed. I mean my room at home. For those of you who don't know, I share my room with my younger sister, and since moving out, she has proceeded to make the room more her own, rather than ours. She is perfectly within her rights to do this as she lives there all the time, but it still stings a little when I go back to visit, and things have changed a little. But life wouldn't be life if things didn't change. (And if you are reading Lil, that doesn't mean when I am back to visit you can completely move my stuff around. Leave some things alone (like my bedside stuff, and MY BED!)
- My Friends. I wouldn't say my friendship circle has changed all that much, I am still friends with a lot of the people I was friends with last year, but circumstances of our friendships have changed. I've moved to Aberdeen, so there's a long distance aspect to consider. My best friend decided he would one better me once I moved, and emigrated to Australia! So there is a slight difference in my friendships now, as we need to work harder to keep in touch and stay up-to-date in each other's lives. Another aspect of my friendships that has changed is that my friendships have grown exponentially. I have made so many new friends it is unbelieveable!
- My Hair. Now, a little break from all that heavy emotional type stuff. My hair hasn't changed that dramatically, but enough that it deserves a mention. I used to have more of a fringe, but now it is short all over. Here's a little before and after pic to give you a better idea.