Friday 21 November 2014

Five on Friday


Hello Everyone, 


This week's Five on Friday (hosted by AprilDarciChristina and Natasha) has been inspired by what is happening in my life at the minute. As I am writing this, I have so many cravings for British food, and pretty much no way of getting them. So multiple cups of tea are going to have to do. But I thought I would share with you some of the things I am craving. 

  1. As much chocolate as I want (and could) eat at once. At the moment I have two thirds of a sharing Galaxy bar that my mum has sent me (thank you so much). However, I don't want to eat it all at once, as I know I will have more chocolate cravings before I go home, and will need something. 
  2. Super noodles. I don't really eat them, but I so want some right now. If I had to say exactly what I want with them, it would have to be some mince a la Gran. So a lovely meal straight from my childhood really. 
  3. Strong salt and vinegar crisps. I think I have mentioned this before, as I am always in the mood for them. As strong as you can get them, almost sweating from the vinegar. 
  4. Vinegar. The canteen hall here has started to serve battered fish, which reminds me a little of fish fingers in their texture, and of course they always serve fries, so I can have some fish and chips. However, it will never be even close to fish and chips out of the chippy (or mum's kitchen) when there isn't any chip shop vinegar to go with them. Anyone can verify that I love my vinegar and when its missing it just isn't the same. 
  5. Pretty much anything that comes out of my mum's kitchen. At the moment I would probably eat an omelette if my mum had made it. Although what I am really missing is one of her curries, or her Thai fish dish. Although I would be happy with just a whole cake as well, so I'm easy really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment