Wednesday 25 March 2015

Californian Adventures: Day Three in San Francisco

Hello Everyone, 


My third day in San Francisco didn't start out too well. After being so productive the day before, I sort of just wanted to have a bit of a rest and more relaxing day than the day before. My only real aim was to try out the cable cars, and eat in Chinatown, so nothing too taxing. 

I headed down to the bottom of Powell Street/Market Street, and I got on board a cable car to Fisherman's Wharf. A whole day pass for the Cable Cars, and I rode that line all the way down, and all the way back up again. I then decided to head down to the Financial District to see what was going on there.

Once I got down to where all the piers were, I found the Pier 1, where there is a Farmers' Market area, and where the Ferries leave to pass by the Golden Gate Bridge. I stopped and had a spot of avocado toast and a cup of green tea (the East Coast version of tea and toast). Hanging round the pier was nice, as I got to just relax and enjoy the scenery,

I walked down to get a little closer to the Bay Bridge, and to see what all the crowds were about. After stopping to take many, many pictures, I finally stopped at a piece of grassy park. There was a band playing there called the SOMAs. Hanging out there was pretty fun, and I really had a mooching day. I mooched around the rest of the day there, having a Starbucks Frappuccino and taking pictures.

I took the cable car back up to the Grace Cathedral and my hostel to pick up my laptop to try and get some work done before I went to dinner. Sitting in the sun in a park was pretty heavenly.

Dinner was interesting. I went to a Chinese restaurant, and I ate alone. The food was great and everything, but having been raised to consider food and eating to be a social thing that you share with people, eating alone is a very unnerving feeling. However, I'm glad I did it, it is something that you need to do at some point. Letting go, knowing people are looking at you (no matter how subtly they think they're doing it) and not letting yourself be bothered about it. Its pretty liberating, and once you've done it once, you know its not too bad and you can do it again.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment