Tuesday 24 March 2015

Californian Adventure: Day Two

Hello Everyone,


My second day in San Francisco was an interesting day. I think I may have walked about 6 or 7 miles, (according to my map, which was in miles) Pretty impressive to me I think. 

I walked up around Nob Hill again, up Lombard Street to see the 'Windiest Road'. If driving in San Francisco wasn't hard enough, with all the hills, they have to put in a road with more twists and turns than an Agatha Christie novel. Eight hairpin turns help solve the problem of the steep incline, which was too steep for most vehicles and people to walk up. 

After stopping to take some pictures, and walking up the pretty steep hill. I continued walking up by Russian Hill, where I found a really pretty park with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. I considered renting a bicycle to get around on, but I wouldn't have easily been able to explore and take my time as I managed to do. 

Continuing on my way, I hit a lovely little cove beach, where I sat and enjoyed my time. There was a pier further down, with the path to Fort Mason, where I was heading later in the day. 

The Marina was pretty fun to visit. It is the hub of San Franciscan's fitness gurus. I must have passed at least five separate fitness classes, and tons of people running. It seems like a really cool place to be into fitness and being healthy. I walked until I was hungry, then headed back to the Fisherman's Wharf to grab something to eat, where I found a Ben and Jerry's ice cream shop. Of course I had to go in and get the biggest cone I could buy with the most interesting flavour of ice cream. 

I then headed to Golden Gate Park, to spend the rest of the day relaxing. I had a fantastic time exploring all around the park, seeing the Japanese Tea Gardens, the de Young museum tower, and the Shakespeare Garden. The Japanese Tea Gardens was full of hidden gems, like you had been transported to Japan in the middle of an American park. The de Young tower was amazing though. The best view of San Francisco, and its free.

However, the star of this evening was my dinner. To most people it would seem a little boring, but an Indian from a van in the park was my idea of heaven. A properly made Chicken Tikka Marsala with basmati rice and a hot chai was perfect. Strolling around afterwards watching the sun go down was pretty cool too.

































































No comments:

Post a Comment