Thursday 10 April 2014

A-Z Challenge: I

Hello Everyone,


I am Number Four is a very good book which I finally got out the library after looking for it for ages after seeing the movie. It is the first in a series of novels that document the stories of nine aliens that came to earth after their home family was destroyed. There are nine of them, and slowly they are being killed off by their enemy aliens, Mogadorians. This novel is the start of their fight against them as they gain their full powers and legacies.
via:http://www.livinginterestingly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iam4.jpg
It was an exciting book to read, filled with suspense and surprises. The characters of John Smith and Sarah Hart are particularly engaging, as their relationship begins to grow, and the different character facets start to come out. Although I don’t like how Sarah was described during the fighting against the Mogadorians and the way she was left behind at the end. I don't know why, something just didn't sit right with me with the way it was put, but it may have just been me. My favourite character had to be the dog Bernie Kosar. He is just always there at the right times to save them. And having a dog that turns into whatever you need it to be is kinda cool. (Dog, Lizard, Chimæra...whatever, he's pretty awesome!)
I don't know who is cuter?
via: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llrrwtWNSq1qhsssxo1_500.jpg
The one I have the most sympathy for is Sam Goode, who has lost his father, and really the rest of his family. What he needs is a friend, and his only friend isn’t even human. John even tries to leave him behind, which although for his own protection is still a little hurtful.
via:http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110923012356/iamnumberfour/images/3/3a/MovieScreenshot078.jpg
I really enjoyed the movie(although that might have been slightly influenced by the casting of Alex Pettyfer in the role of John Smith), and I really hope they will make the rest of the series into movies too. As it is only the first in the series, I can’t say too much about the general idea behind the books. However, I like the premise and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

Comment below if there is a series that you want to be made into movies.

Gracexxx

 
This is here because, well... just because!
via: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-H1t0CrCRps4/TWc2xEKJc9I/AAAAAAAAACE/7cd8vVXGW2w/s1600/pettyabs.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series, but I have heard of Mogadorians, which is strange. Good luck with your challnge - you're doing well!
    Jemima
    #Team Damyanti
    Blogging from Alpha to Zulu in April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The author may have based them on something else perhaps? Thank you, good luck with the rest of the challenge too!

      Gracexxx

      Delete