Thursday 14 August 2014

Letters From America: Day 1 and 2

Hello Everyone,

In case you didn't know, I am taking part in an exchange year abroad in Albuquerque at the University of New Mexico. I have spent the last day travelling there and have taken lots of pictures of my journey. So here they are.

My plane from Amsterdam to Atlanta
The plane from Atlanta to Albuquerque
The wing of the plane, original, I know
And we have touchdown!

The second pink bag is mine!
My School!
My first impressions of Albuquerque as I watched the plane circle the huge sprawling city was that it was a magnificent piece of humanity in a sparse and dangerous terrain. The straight human road lines cut through the landscape like a knife through a cake. The mountains, huge and domineering the skyline are the crowning glory of the Albuquerque scenery. The heat hits you like a wave crashing down on you, drowning you until you slowly adjust. There are times when it seems like heaven on earth, and others when all you want to do is run around in the cool rain found only in Scotland. Mad, eh? I mean, just look at these pictures.
Pretty sun
Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment