Friday 18 April 2014

A-Z Challenge: P



Hello Everyone,


Today is Five on Friday (hosted by the fabulous girls AprilDarciChristina and Natasha) and the letter is P. On with the show!
THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Percy Jackson
I have already told you about my love of Percy Jackson. The characters are great, and I love the new series, Heroes of Olympus. The plot is more complex, with quite difficult relationships between the young characters. Friendships, relationships are studied, and are one of the most important aspects of the series, how the kids interact with one another.
via: http://emilykazakh.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/percy-annabeth-and-grover-percy-jackson-and-the-olympians-10507066-2560-1600.jpg


                The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie tells the story of a teacher who has a strange amount of control over her pupils’ lives after she has finished teaching them. She attempts to play God, and make the girls in her image, to inspire them to do more than most girls aspire to, but she fails in this attempt because she over-reaches herself, and doesn’t seem to know what they should aspire to do. Even when they reach the highest they can get in their field she is disappointed.
via: http://riversihaveknown.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/the-prime-of-miss-jean-brodie-movie-poster.jpg

                The Princess Diaries
A shy Manhatten teenager finds out she’s secretly a Princess. Hilarity ensues. With every aspect of her life now under scrutiny from the press, the public, and her grandmother, Mia Thermopolis-Renaldi learns to run a country, be a princess, and how to follow her heart. Perfect for pre-teen girls (and some older teenagers too!)
via: http://screencrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/the-princess-diaries-makeover-sequence-la-4-25-12.jpg

                Power of Five
I love Antony Horowitz. The first one of his books that I read was a second hand copy from my cousin of The Falcon’s Malteser, and there was no stopping me from devouring every single of his books that I came across. I really liked the Alex Rider series, but I loved the Power of Five series. The plot lines were fabulous, and I had to wait so long for the last instalment, which kept me keen (check out my previous post on it). The characters were fab, and I loved the conclusion. There is one thing that Antony Horowitz does well is concluding a series. You are never disappointed with them, and you couldn’t predict them, which I love.
via: https://lh6.ggpht.com/XGfhhOGqMjC_o_9vW6KJZ8W6mEtgweZHSGhk6-aYGZdlJCoUziA3h_9ymnsOAY4pOA=w300

                Pride and Prejudice
What can you say about the classic romance novel? Beautifully written, tragic characters, good story. Enough said. I really enjoyed reading it, and would like to again sometime.
via: http://www.rachelcoker.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Pride-and-Prejudice.jpg

Gracexxx


No comments:

Post a Comment