Tuesday 6 January 2015

New Year, New.... Me?


Hello Everyone, 


Finally, the end of the year has caught up with us again. Every year is the start of a new cycle, a new circle of the earth around the sun. Its a time when  New Years are used as a way of renewing ourselves, vowing that next year we will become a better person in some way. I'll go to the gym more, or I'll eat healthier. I'll donate more to charity. I'll climb Kilimanjaro even. In some small way I'll enrich my life in the next year. The thing is I don't think it matters. If you want to change, then you'll do it at any time of the year, not just new year. We're constantly changing throughout our life, whether we choose to or not. The human race cannot remain stagnant or we would have died out years ago. It's this desire for change that makes us reach for the latest technology upgrade, or want what others have and we do not. We

However, having said that, I do have some goals for the year to come. I want to manage my time much better on this blog, and start posting on a much more regular schedule. I manage it until a certain point, and then I lose it because I let things get on top of me. By staying motivated and using my time much better, I will keep on track, and may actually manage to have some posts kept back for when I am busy.

I am going to keep taking pictures, recording my year abroad as much as I can. I want to be able to look back at things in years to come, and see my memories immortalised for as long as I live, or even after that. It is important to record things, and not just digitally. Physical items to hold will bring back more memories than just images on a screen. There is a reason they're called keep-sakes. I'm not going to keep everything, just a few important items.

I want to keep dancing and singing whenever I can. It gives me so much joy to just lose myself in the story of a piece of music and expressing it in some way. I also want to work on my technique and flexibility (when don't I?), but also on creating some exercises and (simple) routines to use to take a class in some form or other. It has been a while since I tried this, and I'll need to see how well it will work. This again will mean lots of organising of my time to find the time to allow me to do this as well as blogging and uni work.

This seems to be the year of organising doesn't it? Not completely, I still want to enjoy time to just relax and be myself, to laugh and just enjoy the moment. I'm going to be doing some incredible things this year, and I have to remember that, and appreciate the opportunities that I have been given.

Happy New Year Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment