Saturday 15 March 2014

Beauty Forecast: My Wardrobe Must-Haves

Hello Everyone,

I have always had my own sense of style. When I was little you could see me in pink and purple (yeargh!) striped tights and a little denim skirt with a pinky-purple long-sleeved top with a cat on it (hey, I said I had my own style, not that it was a good sense of style!). Now that I'm a bit older and wiser (I hope!) I tend to make fewer fashion mishaps like that. I try to follow trends, but also shop for my shape. I'm never going to be model height (no matter how much I wish it), or have Beyonce's curves, so I don't buy things to accentuate this. However, over the years, I have developed a few Must-Haves for every wardrobe.
Me and my sister one Christmas: what was I wearing????

1.   A Leather Jacket

It doesn't matter who you are, everyone should have a leather jacket. They are versatile for lots of different outfits, and occasions. Dressing up, or dressing down, it doesn't matter, it gives the wearer a slight edge to their look that is irresistible. If you are buying a leather jacket, choose a quality one, as they will last longer, and feel better too. Choose a style that is right for you, if you don't like a fancy intricate one, go for a simple almost blazer-esque one, like Chrissy Hynde. There's a timeless elegance to a leather jacket that suits you, and it allows you to feel just a little bad-ass, even when you're not!
My new leather jacket, feeling ever so cool 

2.   A White Shirt

A white shirt is brilliant. You can wear it with jeans, shirts, leggings, short… in short, everything. You can even wear it on its own (if its big and you’re brave!). It is a classic, ageless piece of clothing that suits everyone. It can be tailored, or you could buy a man’s for the larger casual look. It’s a staple for work, and it could even be worn going out, with a statement pair of heels. (Apparently you can also wear it to be sexy for your boyfriend, I wouldn’t know).
via: http://susiestyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Susie-Styles_How-To-Find-The-Right-White-Shirt-For-You_Classic-White-Shirt_Bib.jpg

3.   Red heels

Red heels are fantastic. I own a pair and they are my babies. I would cry if anything happened to them. I think they are even more compulsory for a wardrobe than black heels. This is because, although black heels are all well and good for general everyday use, red heels are sexier and show more personality, especially when paired with a black trouser suit. And because there are soooooo many different shades of red and heel heights/styles, it is very easy to find a style that you like.
These actually are my red heels!!!!!
via: http://debenhams.scene7.com/is/image/Debenhams/050010827703?$V7PdpLarge$

4.   An LBD

Now, I know that this is a universally accepted piece of classic wear. Made famous by Audrey Hepburn, the classic LBD is high necked, sleeveless and with a fifties style skirt. However, it doesn’t need to be. A Little Black Dress can be just that, a little black dress. It could be fitted, loose, long, short, you name it. Black is a universal colour which suits everyone. Pair it with your red heels, and you’re good to go!
via: http://osatelegraph.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Famous-Little-Black-Dresses1.jpg

5.   Skinny Jeans

Now, I don’t just mean any skinny jeans. I mean a pair that fit you properly, are neither too baggy nor too tight (neither are a good look), and are the correct length. They can be any shade of denim, although I think the classic dark denim looks really good on everyone. They can be dressed up or down. I love the skinny jeans with a slightly baggy tee-shirt, or you can wear them with heels for going out. Again, I would recommend going for a quality pair, although if you find a pair that best fits you in Primark, go for it!
via: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bmn1-hNu4VM/USuCham_VlI/AAAAAAAAANA/EWwDXmhS8H8/s1600/41M7PRJBXQL.jpg

Well, these are my wardrobe must-haves. Have I missed anything? If you think I have, then comment below.


Gracexxx

No comments:

Post a Comment